It’s DAY 7 of the 10-Day Bloom Launch Giveaway and today is all about gratitude.
I chose to focus on this subject today, as Sunday is for most people a day of rest and reflection. Are you practicing gratitude in your daily life? When I wrote Bloom, I included the 7 principles of healthy living, which are the basis of achieving optimum health, but the most underlying one is probably gratitude.
One of our daily rituals, for myself and my boyfriend Ollie, is to journal at least once a day (morning or evening) on what we’re grateful for and the day that’s just passed. I’ve been keeping a journal since I was 12, and it’s fascinating to go back and check in on things from years ago. One thing is prevalent, gratitude makes you a richer person.
Here are 7 benefits gratitude can bring into your life:
1. You’ll have a healthier heart – In a study on gratitude and people with heart failure, “We found that those patients who kept gratitude journals for those eight weeks showed reductions in circulating levels of several important inflammatory biomarkers, as well as an increase in heart rate variability while they wrote. Improved heart rate variability is considered a measure of reduced cardiac risk,” said study author Paul J. Mills.
2. You’ll be able to sleep better – the sheer process of being thankful for something or things of an experience in a positive manner can help you quiet the mind and find it easier to fall asleep.
3. You’ll increase your self-esteem – It’s quite simple: when you really appreciate what you have you see yourself through a different light, increasing your self-worth and decreasing negative self-talk and sabotage.
4. Increases your energy – whether you think of it as raising your vibration, or simply feeling happier and ready to do exciting thins, saying thanks for the small unnoticed details or moments in your life can boost your energy levels and leave you feeling fresher and ready for life.
5. Improves physical health – Studies have shown that people who feel more gratitude are more willing to have healthy behaviors and seek help for their health-related concerns, as well as engage in physical activities.
6. Helps your social skills – Acknowledging other people and being thankful is not only a polite way to do things but it also brings a sense of usefulness to other people and makes it more likely to open conversations or be in a better mood to engage in connection.
7. You’ll see life through a more positive outlook – optimists have it better! When you’re appreciative for what you have you’re more likely to be grateful for what’s yet to come and be optimistic in the ways you view life.
So, what are you grateful for today ? If you’re not doing this already, I encourage you to get a journal and give gratitude a go. The results might surprise you in a positive way.
That brings me to today’s prize! A beautiful gratitude bracelet from Julia Cameron Style, that has a G pendant, reminding you to be grateful for the things in your life every time you look at it. Julia, the founder, is a friend of mine, who’s always working on bettering herself and celebrating the goddess within each woman. I’ve had my gratitude bracelet for over a year now and I absolutely love how it makes me feel. Read below on how to enter. This one is available worldwide.
“When you express gratitude, you raise the vibrations around you to a higher frequency. You create positive energy that emanates out from you and returns to you as wonderful experiences. You become magnetic. Good things and good people gravitate toward you because you’re such a joy and delight to be around.” Louise Hay
The gratitude collection is a collaboration between partners Julia Cameron and Jean-Pierre De Villiers.The concept for the gratitude bracelet was created when inspirational speaker and author Jean-Pierre De Villiers wrote a ‘G’ on his hand to remind himself to stay centered in gratitude throughout his day. Having posted this image online he quickly had further responses from others who did the same, posting images of G’s and commenting that practicing gratitude had changed their outlook on life. His partner Julia Cameron a jewelry designer and coach wanted to create a more permanent reminder that people could wear every day hence the bracelet was born.
It was created to remind people to practice gratitude every day. The more people practice gratitude, the happier the world will be and the more grateful we are for what we have, the more we give to others. The bracelet is made in sterling silver and plated in either 18 Carat gold or rose gold plate.
Their aim is to reach 1 million people and as a result spread gratitude, love and happiness!
‘Appreciating the good you have in your life is the foundation for all abundance!
Bloom is a complete 10-day fresh start delivered as a compact meal plan for your most convenience. With over 45 original recipes, including breakfasts, smoothies, lunch and dinner this book is here to rock your world and make you fall in love with healthy eating, without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
– shopping lists split into different days
– over 45 delicious plant-based recipes with easy to follow directions, allergy friendly
– 10-day meal plan
– printer friendly design, for easy recipe cards and planning
– principles of healthy eating
– kitchen and cupboard essentials
For a chance to win:
You must register via WWW.SECOND-NATURE.CO/BLOOMGIVEAWAY in order to qualify. Otherwise, you won’t know if you won and can’t claim your prize.
Then go to the Second Nature Facebook or Instagram page and like the page, if you haven’t done so already, and tell us in a comment either on Instagram, Facebook or this blog post, what are you grateful for.
Each platform counts as one entry.
Step 2 (optional)
Each counts as an entry.
The winner will be selected through a random generator.
1. Today’s giveaway is open to anyone in the world.
2. There will be 2 winners. 1 for the Gratitude Bracelet and one for the cookbook.
3. In order to enter the prize draw all you need to do is follow step 1. Step 2 is optional and it will give you extra entries which increase your chances of winning. The winner will be selected randomly through random.org
4. This competition is in no way affiliated to Instagram or Facebook.
You can read the entire Terms and Conditions list here.